Packing Fragile Items During Moving
Here at Noah’s Ark Moving & Storage, we’re experts at safely packing, transporting, and unpacking even the most delicate and fragile of belongings! In this blog entry, our skilled moving technicians will detail some top tips to protect your fragile items during the moving process.
Fragile Item Packing Supplies
Make sure you have the following items on hand before your move. This will help you pack fragile items.
Corrugated cardboard sheets
Heavy duty cardboard boxes (like those meant for flat TVs)
Plastic stretchy wrap
Sealable Plastic Bags
Packing Fragile Furniture Tips
- Utilize padding, packing paper, and bubble wrap to wrap all corners and edges of furniture – then wrap the whole thing in moving blankets.
- Remove all contents from drawers, and keep them separately, labeled with the drawer number so you know where to put back what.
- Remove all feet, ornaments, hardware, and knobs – and take a photo while they are on so you know how to resemble them.
- Put all separate items in a bag and tape it to the furniture.
- Wrap any protruding parts with padding.
- Put stretch wrap around furniture with doors or handles.
- Don’t put masking tape on furniture directly as this can strip off parts of your furniture.
Fragile Glass Packing Tips
- Remove glass items from vanities and tables.
- Tape a solid X on the glass, wrap it in packing paper, then wrap it in bubble wrap. Then, place it in a heavy duty cardboard box.
- Put screws in labeled bags.
- Label wrapped up glass with a large sign that says FRAGILE.